AardvarkTravel.net Travel Search Engine & Travel Directory

By participating in these forums you can earn free advertising! Click here for details.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Username
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Sponsored by:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkTravel.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomadjournals
Trainee Baggage Handler
Trainee Baggage Handler

2 ants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Your Username Reply with quote

Mine is a website of travel journals- Nomadjournals.com
PamelaWalker
Baggage Handler
Baggage Handler

0 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My user-name contains my first-name + last-name
OnThePike
Flight Steward
Flight Steward

53 ants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My username is stupid and really should be changed. LOL!

"JND" is a name I use on only two forums. This and a Route 66 forum. The reason is, I registered to them both on the same day that I'd spilled coffee into my keyboard Smile I guess you can figure out the rest.

The username I use everywhere else, and I am quite thinly spread lol... is OnThePike.

If perhaps a moderator or admin is listening, it would be awesome if you could change it to that name Smile

If they change it, I'll splain it! Otherwise, "JND" are the good letters I had at the time. LOL!
paul
Captain
Captain

18990 ants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There... your username is changed.

Thank briggl for bringing it to my attention. Wink
OnThePike
Flight Steward
Flight Steward

53 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks much to both of you guys! AT first, I tried to log in, and the forum responded with an invalid username/password prompt. I thought, oh great, I guess they didn't appreciate my 4-year old necrotag after all. LOL! Then I remembered this post and gave OTP a shot. Thanks again guys -- love the hands-on and communication here.

So I said I would splain OTP if it were changed. Here goes:

Alright, here's my deal on my screen name "OnThePike":

I am a New York City Transit Authority bus driver and have been for 17 years. From approximately years 5 through 12, I worked one particular route at one particular time, by choice. I drove the "Hawk/Owl" tour, which most of you will understand as the "graveyard shift" from approximately 1:00 AM to 9:00 AM on the Q46. This is the Union Turnpike bus that serves most notably, St Johns University in Eastern Queens, New York.

Working these hours, you really don't get a chance to see or co-mingle with your fellow co-workers that often, so in passing, someone would usually blurt, "Hey Jeff, you still on The Pike?" An abbreviation of Union Turnpike.

Most of the time, I'd say, "Yep, I'm stuck on the Pike". And that became my main username for a lot of accounts, but it began to get tiresome typing all those characters, so I just shortened it and removed the "stuck". But most likely, anywhere you find "stuckonthepike", it's probably me. Otherwise, it's OnThePike (which incidentally, I've been OFF OF for years now!

Here's my YouTube page of me driving buses in Queens and "on the Pike" if you're interested.

Jeff
paul
Captain
Captain

18990 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnThePike wrote:
Well thanks much to both of you guys! AT first, I tried to log in, and the forum responded with an invalid username/password prompt. I thought, oh great, I guess they didn't appreciate my 4-year old necrotag after all. LOL! Then I remembered this post and gave OTP a shot. Thanks again guys -- love the hands-on and communication here.

You're welcome.

And yes... I was a bit concerned that might happen. I think if you'd ticked the 'remember me' box when logging in, everything would have just sorted itself out on the next visit, and your username would just automatically change. But if you hadn't, or you were trying to log in from another machine or after clearing your cache, then you'd have had the problem you described.

In hindsight, I should have sent you an email, but glad you managed to work it out. Smile
shiroanubis
Flight Steward
Flight Steward

83 ants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My username is shiroanubis. Shiro in Japanese means white, it's also my dogs name. and Anubis is the mythology from egypt. it's kind of cool joining them into one username Smile

Last edited by shiroanubis on Sun May 20, 2012 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
tpsaras
Baggage Handler
Baggage Handler

12 ants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, talking about names, imagine me at primary school. Everyone had to write down their name/surname, let's say John Doe but in Greek, and I had to learn Triantafyllos Psaras - Chatzigeorgiou. Shocked My username tpsaras, stands for Triantafyllos Psaras, name then surname, but I happen to have two surnames, and that's when the trouble kicks in. Also, it's not one of the two surnames, I have to have both, everywhere, id, passports etc.

P.S. Triantafyllos means rose in Greek, so yes I do have the name of a flower. Embarassed
snowballfighters
Baggage Handler
Baggage Handler

10 ants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is based on my travel blog.

www.snowballfighters.co.uk

Combines my passion for all things snow and travel. I'm sure we've all had a snowball fight too Very Happy
keczes
Baggage Handler
Baggage Handler

13 ants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is basically my nickname from highschool, nothing special Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkTravel.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum