AardvarkTravel.net Travel Search Engine & Travel Directory

By participating in these forums you can earn free advertising! Click here for details.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open ended flights to New Zealand from UK, do they exist?

Sponsored by:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkTravel.net Forum Index -> Oceania - New Zealand & the Pacific Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonanscomb
Trainee Baggage Handler
Trainee Baggage Handler

9 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Open ended flights to New Zealand from UK, do they exist? Reply with quote

Hello my Querie is this.

Can I get an open ended ticket from London to Auckland, i.e. return journey still to be figured out? I need this as I'm hoping to stay in New Zealand for maybe 1-2 years but I'm not quite sure.
Or would people recommend getting two singles(I notice this perhaps doesn't work out that much more expensive than a typicial return ticket).
I also would like to hear peoples suggestions on when to purchase a ticket(to get it cheapest) if wanting to depart in September-early Oct 04.

I hear Graphic Designers are quite in demand over there is this just an ugly rumour?

Thanks for any help!

Jason

Razz
Dan
Senior Pilot
Senior Pilot

2503 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy your ticket now. Despite the increase in bucket shops selling cheap tickets close to departure, buying as far in advance as possible is still the best plan!

Return tickets are limited to 1 year between departure and return, so the only way to extend this beyond a year is to buy single tickets, or attempt to flog the return portions of two return tickets that you'll not be needing. I don't suppose that this is possible now though, as security restrictions make changing the name on a ticket nigh on impossible.

I know a graphic designer that found work in Australia easily enough, and don't see why New Zealand should be much different. It is better to contact NZ companies from home and arrange your job before flying all the way to the Southern Hemisphhere to be jobless!

Buy a ticket as soon as you know where you'll be working and have fun in NZ!

Dan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkTravel.net Forum Index -> Oceania - New Zealand & the Pacific Travel Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum