AardvarkTravel.net Travel Search Engine & Travel Directory

By participating in these forums you can earn free advertising! Click here for details.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the most beautiful places in Canada???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sponsored by:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkTravel.net Forum Index -> North America - Canada Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rajuindia
Chief Steward
Chief Steward

176 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: What's the most beautiful places in Canada??? Reply with quote

What's the most beautiful city in Canada? I like Yukon Territory but people says the interior of Alaska is also very beautiful. Have any suggestion for other beautiful places in Canada??
What about the best time to travel??
Red Tape
Captain
Captain

9344 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the interior of Alaska may be beautiful, but it certainly is not part of Canada.

I'm partial to that area between Victoria and Vancouver, the Gulf Islands. I also like Vancouver in terms of beautiful cities. The combination of the sea and mountains on the skyline is gorgeous if the day is clear.

Hopefullly it will be this weekend, I'm heading that way tomorrow. Cool
judymacd
Baggage Handler
Baggage Handler

10 ants

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey.. i'm with red tape. I live just south of Vancouver and on a clear day, its paradise. I grew up in SW Ontario and have travelled to Nova Scotia and PEI. Those are pretty nice too. But if you only had the opportunity to go to one place in Canada.. pick Vancouver and surrounding area.
memelabs
Baggage Handler
Baggage Handler

31 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me third... Vancouver, Victoria, the Gulf Islands and the Sunshine Coast are my favourite places in Canada! I haven't been up north though.
adventureblue
Baggage Handler
Baggage Handler

21 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: What's the most beautiful places in Canada??? Reply with quote

Vancouver...or Neslon, BC....Nelson really has a city atmosphere but it is a town...Vancouver is a great city though and with the backdrop of mountains and ocean is a hard location to beat anywhere in the world.
Amherst Island
Flight Steward
Flight Steward

82 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different regions in Canada offer something completely different. Since the country is so massive there is tons to see and do. The west coast has beautiful cities, mountains, and national parks and fantastic skiing in the winter. The prairies has beautiful skies, and friendly people. Also places like Calgary have te stampede which is tons of fun. Ontario feel very cosmopolitan with the most diverse population in the world. Quebec, has the feeling of Europe and is very unique within north America. The east coast has breathtaking scenery, excellent sea food, and wonderful people. Really anywhere you decide you will enjoy.
Mountain Holidays
Trainee Baggage Handler
Trainee Baggage Handler

4 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

British Columbia! It's an awesome place and has one of the best slopes (if you're into skiing and such). Even then, Vancouver & Whistler have so many great sceneries and places to visit.
Amherst Island
Flight Steward
Flight Steward

82 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BC has great skiing! Comparable to Europe. Vancouver is great, but in the winter it can be depressing, very dark and wet. Just asking any of the locals.
Impreza
Trainee Steward
Trainee Steward

41 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amherst Island wrote:
but in the winter it can be depressing, very dark and wet. Just asking any of the locals.

Many Vancouverites actually miss the rain when they travel.. Like myself, I'm in Italy right now and I love it but it would be nice to see a little sprinkle. Laughing I do agree though...Winter in usually not the best time to visit Vancouver. Unless you Ski or Snowboard. Very Happy
vingo
Baggage Handler
Baggage Handler

12 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Vancouver's great - if you like traffic. Reply with quote

I lived in Vancouver for ten years or more. I agree it is a wonderful town in a spectacular setting, but the congestion and sprawl has hurt its enjoyabilty for me.

Instead, head to anywhere on Vancouver Island, like I did. Victoria's a much cleaner and more relaxed place with big city amenities in an equally spectacular setting. Up-island in Parksville, Qualicum, Courtenay, you have some of the best beaches and fishing anywhere. There's skiing on Mount Washington. The West Coast, around Tofino and Ucluelet you have surfing, ocean kayaking, whale watching. Big trees everywhere, outdoor recreation opportunities galore. Creative people, good eats, lots of room to spread out and enjoy.
Reesie
Baggage Handler
Baggage Handler

10 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Vancouver Rocks! Reply with quote

I live in downtown Vancouver BC just a few blocks from English Bay on the South, 1,000 acre Stanley Park on the West, and Coal Harbor on the North. I've landed in heaven!

Even in winter, it always feels like early spring rains. I don't believe there is another city in the world like Vancouver! (I looked!)

Whenever I travel, as soon as I start across Cambie bridge into downtown I feel like my vacation is just starting! Last night, my husband and I opened the balcony door and heard two Brazilian girls playing Bossa Nova and singing just above us. You can sit on a park bench and hear 10 languages go by. I grew up in the mountains of Colorado then moved to New Orleans, (just in time for Katrina!). I have everything I love here -- mountains and ocean, and people to meet from all over the world! I love this place!

Reesie
ukgail
Baggage Handler
Baggage Handler

8 ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Atlantic Canada Reply with quote

Atlantic Canada by far provides the best sight-seeing in Canada. Newfoundland has a rugged coastal line like no other in the world.

New Brunswick offers the ability to see and stay in natural settings - just to sit back at a lodge in the woods and hear nothing but the birds, wind & rivers flowing... so relaxing.

Nova Scotia offers a beautiful sea side - great for sailors...

Prince Edward Island offers beaches and oceans...

There are so many adventures you can do here, year round. And all at the most cost-effective prices you can imagine. It is the best kept secret in the world!!! (oops - I guess not anymore).
Philc
Baggage Handler
Baggage Handler

27 ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Vancouver is great, but move around to really appreciate Reply with quote

I have to agree, I have been all over the world, and Vancouver is a great and unique city. What makes it truly spectacular, is the fact that you can travel for a few hours by ferry and go to Vancouver Island, going to Tofino is an amazing experience. The sea-to-sky highway is one of the most beautiful dives in the world, and it lands you in Whistler! The best ski resort in the world. All in all I would have to agree that Vancouver is the best in Canada, and maybe the world!
raven
Flight Steward
Flight Steward

67 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wanted to go to Canada, so this has been interesting for me too! Laughing
kasaka
Flight Steward
Flight Steward

52 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Ottawa and surroundings. It's a beautiful city, not too big and the nature nearby in Quebec is gorgeous. Also, to the south is the Thousand Islands region with lots of nice towns and a beautiful area of, well, 1000 Islands in the St. Lawrence river.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkTravel.net Forum Index -> North America - Canada Travel Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum