AardvarkTravel.net Travel Search Engine & Travel Directory

By participating in these forums you can earn free advertising! Click here for details.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All about ants

Sponsored by:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AardvarkTravel.net Forum Index -> AardvarkTravel.net Board Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaron
Airport Manager
Airport Manager

8722 ants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:36 am    Post subject: All about ants Reply with quote

This document tells you everything you need to know about ants. If you have a question about ants, please read this first. If your question isn't answered by this document, please use the forum rather than PMing me, but please make sure you have read this first. OK, here goes:

1. What are ants?

Ants are a means of rewarding participation in the Aardvark Business, Sport and Travel forums. They can be exchanged for free advertising or sold to other members.

2. How do I get ants?

3 ants are awarded for starting a new thread (ie. posting a new message) and 1 ant is awarded for posting a reply to an existing message or thread. If I notice someone being particularly helpful, if I'm in a good mood, or if I have some other reason, I may award members with bonus ants from time to time. Similary, any other member can donate ants to you if they feel generous or feel you have been helpful.

3. Can I get ants by posting loads of drivel?

No. On the contrary. In fact, I shall eat some or all of your ants if you make posts that I deem to be a waste of space and/or time. If you don't have something worthwhile to say, then don't say it. Also don't post lots of short messages just to boost your ant count. We will come down harshly on anyone that does this, as it's important for everybody that the quality of the forums is retained.

4. What happens if I spam the forums, post drivel or act inappropriately?

I shall devour all your ants and you will be banned from posting any further messages. In other words, don’t do it.

5. What if I feel unfairly treated?

It's tough luck. My decision is final and not open to discussion. I can be a strict aardvark sometimes so just don't take risks and you'll be fine.

6. I have lots of ants. What can I do with them?

Once you have at least 200 ants, you can exchange them for free advertising of your website. 1 ant is worth 10 banner ad impressions (ie. banner displays) on the Aardvark Business, Sport or Travel Search Engine, whichever you prefer. You will need to provide a 468 x 60 banner for this purpose. Just contact me when you are ready to trade them in.

If you don’t have a website to advertise, read on…

7. Can I sell or give away my ants?

Yes. If you don't have a website of your own, or you don’t wish to exchange your ants for free advertising, you might want to sell your ants to someone else, or give them to someone that you think has been helpful. For the purposes of guidance, I would suggest one hundred ants is worth around $5, but you can sell them for whatever sum you like.

If you have agreed a sale with another member or wish to make a donation, simply click on the ‘Donate’ link next to the recipient’s name. The rest should be self-explanatory. We have no involvement in any transactions between the vendor and the purchaser, and recommend that, if selling ants, you only donate ants once you have been paid. In the event of a dispute, frankly we don’t want to hear about it.

8. Do you have a disclaimer?

Yes. Aaron reserves the right to refuse to exchange ants without reason, or to deduct ants from an individual’s account. There is no cash alternative. Aaron or anyone associated with this site is not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to collect ants. The accumulation and trading of ants may cause irritability or sleeplessness. If you think you have developed a rash, redness, irritation or swelling as a result of collecting ants, don’t sue us. In the event of any dispute concerning any aspects of ants, Aaron’s decision is final. It should be stressed that no ants or other animals were harmed in devising this additional aspect of the forums, other than those who voluntarily chose to read this disclaimer in its entirety.

9. What if I have another question about ants?

If you have a question about ants that is not answered by the above, please post it on this forum.

Aaron
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AardvarkTravel.net Forum Index -> AardvarkTravel.net Board Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum