Joined: 09 Sep 2002
|Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:13 am Post subject: The Aardvark Travel Awards (TATA) 2005 - seeking nominations
|As discussed in an earlier thread, this year we will being having our own awards for the travel industry. (In addition, please check out Aaron's Awards 2005 here.)
Without further ado, the categories will be:
1. Best destination
2. Best airline (taking into account service, value for money, etc.)
3. Best airport
4. Best cruise line/ferry company
5. Best tourist attraction
6. Best budget accommodation (to cover hostels, campsites, cheap hotels and other budget accommodation options)
7. Best luxury accommodation (to cover luxury hotels and the more up-market end of the accommodation sector)
8. Best tour operator
9. Best travel publication (to cover travel magazines, guidebooks or just books you might read on your travels)
10. Best travel website
With each award, please take as many different factors into account. For example, with the best airline award, you might like to take into account issues such as level of service, value for money, leg room, availability of food, etc.
Your nominations may be based on either recent first-hand experiences (preferable, where possible) or personal opinion (which may be based on what you have read or heard).
Please give reasons for each nomination. Do not nominate a business or website with which you have a direct association. I will choose up to 10 nominations (but more likely far fewer) for each category, and this will be based on the reasons provided. The nominations selected will face the public vote for each award.
Finally, once the winners of each award have been established, all will face a final vote for Best Overall Travel Company 2005. There will be more on that later.
PS - Any member may nominate. You have exactly three weeks from the date of this post to submit your nominations.
Please email your nominations to aaron @ aardvarktravel.net
with a subject that reads "TATA 2005 Nominations from <your forum username>
Aardvark Map - custom maps for your site
Follow me on Twitter
Become an Aardvark fan on Facebook