AardvarkTravel.net Travel Search Engine & Travel Directory

By participating in these forums you can earn free advertising! Click here for details.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

People will oneday be able to go to the Moon and Mars

Sponsored by:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkTravel.net Forum Index -> Space Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnBoy1984
Trainee Pilot
Trainee Pilot

335 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: People will oneday be able to go to the Moon and Mars Reply with quote

People will oneday be able to go to the Moon and Mars for holidays, it will become possible in about 70 years time.

In 10 years time the 3 space nations Russia America and China will compete with each other to see which one of them can be the first country in the world to send astronauts to land on Mars, when it does happen it will be alot bigger then the Moon landing.

I personally think that it will be China that will be the first to do it, because oneday China will be the new world power and one day Chinas technology and space agency will overtake Americas and the rest of the world.
mikail
Trainee Baggage Handler
Trainee Baggage Handler

8 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if that's the case it would surely be one of the tourist spots in the whole universe..i think it would be very eciting to be entertained by aliens..but the possibilities are endless, so let's just wait and see..
Sidesplitter
Senior Pilot
Senior Pilot

1019 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: People will oneday be able to go to the Moon and Mars Reply with quote

JohnBoy1984 wrote:
People will oneday be able to go to the Moon and Mars for holidays, it will become possible in about 70 years time.

In 10 years time the 3 space nations Russia America and China will compete with each other to see which one of them can be the first country in the world to send astronauts to land on Mars, when it does happen it will be alot bigger then the Moon landing.

I personally think that it will be China that will be the first to do it, because oneday China will be the new world power and one day Chinas technology and space agency will overtake Americas and the rest of the world.

The Americans and Russians have made more strides in space though so it remains to be seen. The again China might with a bit of luck get ahead but I cant see it happening TBH!
trev
Senior Pilot
Senior Pilot

2769 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

China could well do it as I suspect their government won't care as much about what happens to the people it sends up, eg: radiation sickness. The Americans and even the Russians now would want to be very careful not to lose anyone on a mission like that otherwise it would scupper the entire programme. Then again, if the Americans are having trouble with their shuttle I doubt they'll be the first to manage this.

Trev

London Tourist Attractions Guide - UK Hotels with live availability
A Web site about Floccinaucinihilipilification & Metacognition
Gfriedm1
Flight Steward
Flight Steward

97 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Waiting for the russians Reply with quote

Personally i think we are better off waiting for the Russians to develop their program. after that has been done successfully, we can go with what marketers call the me too strategy. Basically copy their product. Let them take all the major risks in trying to figure out how to work this program. After they have figured out the risks and precautions need to be taken we can then launch our program. while we will miss out on the initial group of space tourists, we will make up for it by offering better quality and reliability in the US space travel industry. Me too products always tend to out sell the original. Good example, XM and SIRIUS satellite radio. XM is in the lead right now but eventually SIRIUS Will just over power it.
JohnBoy1984
Trainee Pilot
Trainee Pilot

335 ants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Waiting for the russians Reply with quote

Gfriedm1 wrote:
Personally i think we are better off waiting for the Russians to develop their program. after that has been done successfully, we can go with what marketers call the me too strategy. Basically copy their product. Let them take all the major risks in trying to figure out how to work this program. After they have figured out the risks and precautions need to be taken we can then launch our program. while we will miss out on the initial group of space tourists, we will make up for it by offering better quality and reliability in the US space travel industry. Me too products always tend to out sell the original. Good example, XM and SIRIUS satellite radio. XM is in the lead right now but eventually SIRIUS Will just over power it.

I dont think that Russia would be capable of doing it although they will try very hard though. Russia simply does not have the technology and they dont have the money.
DrStarWatcher
Baggage Handler
Baggage Handler

10 ants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: People will oneday be able to go to the Moon and Mars Reply with quote

JohnBoy1984 wrote:

In 10 years time the 3 space nations Russia America and China will compete with each other to see which one of them can be the first country in the world to send astronauts to land on Mars.

I thank your time frame is off, More like 170 years for the holiday traveler.
And as for as the first manned mars mission goes that time frame may be a little closer then 10 years, NASA has been at the drawing board working out the manned mars mission for quite some time now.
Nanotechnology put NASA back to the drawing board with a new team of engineers working around the clock.
NASA's biggest fall back on mars be for Nanotechnology was how to build a space craft that could house one million on board computers, and that is just a small part of the overall engineering nightmare.
Radiation will be the hardest of all the engineering nightmares, They know that the first manned mission will fail, but failure can be the best teacher.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkTravel.net Forum Index -> Space Travel Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum