AardvarkTravel.net Travel Search Engine & Travel Directory

By participating in these forums you can earn free advertising! Click here for details.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Luxury travel market
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Sponsored by:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkTravel.net Forum Index -> Luxury Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuxTraveller
Baggage Handler
Baggage Handler

16 ants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Luxury Travel Online Reply with quote

I work for a luxury travel brand and I've found that each month our web traffic is increasing. More and more, travellers are turning to the web for their research. They are going to their agent knowing exactly where they want to go, how they want to get there and where they want to stay when they arrive.

Luxury travel brands that continue to ignore the Internet will be left behind. Something like 60% (but don't quote me on this) of travellers turn to forums/blogs/etc for travel advice before looking anywhere else. Don't dis-count the importance of the web to travellers in this sector.
mande
Trainee Baggage Handler
Trainee Baggage Handler

3 ants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: luxury family holidays Reply with quote

Thank you for this post. I like this type of people who share knowledge with others.
Personal Travel Agent
Baggage Handler
Baggage Handler

16 ants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Luxury still popular Reply with quote

Well here we are almost into 2012 and I am pleased to say people are still requesting luxury holidays. I feel the past couple of years have been so tough that people feel they need a bit of pampering and although money is still tight they are booking wisely in order to get that extra bit of luxury to lift their spirits and taking a bit more time over their choices.

Using a good travel agent to do their research for them always helps and some 'aware' agents can get access to fantastic deals for their customers by watching out for them and sourcing the best deals for luxury and utilising their suppliers offers then contacting their customers when they appear in order to inform them. That is a demand I find my customers make on me rather than them booking straight away and I am more than happy to oblige.

Times are tough and it is always good to have a switched on agent looking out for you to help ensure you get that luxury you have saved hard all year for.

Honeymooners will always want that extra bit of luxury for their dream trip to start off married life, even if they are on a budget. It is always possible to obtain a bit of luxury if there is someone looking out for something extra special whilst working to the budget set by the customer.

I believe even in tough times luxury is always going to be in demand and of course there are those fortunate among us that for them money is no object and therefore luxury is a pre-requisite!

Happy Travelling!
Caseluggage
Baggage Handler
Baggage Handler

14 ants

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Luxury luggage Reply with quote

If you are considering staying in a luxury 5 or 6 star hotel, make sure you have the luggage to match. It is worth visiting the luggage department in Harrods before you travel for some inspiration.
Knisely852
Trainee Baggage Handler
Trainee Baggage Handler

4 ants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking of starting a company and I have been thinking of a luxury chauffeur company. By luxury I mean comfy, clean cars with plenty of leg room. I would be willing to drive to pretty much any where in england.
paul
Captain
Captain

18990 ants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will make you different? There are presumably lots of people who already do this... and fuel prices are about to reach an all-time high here in the UK.
paul
Captain
Captain

18990 ants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, have you thought about the logistics of running this operation from Bangladesh?

Afterall, you are posting from there, not the UK... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes (suggest you read Aaron's zero tolerance sticky)
Dawn Patrol
Captain
Captain

3521 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
Also, have you thought about the logistics of running this operation from Bangladesh?

Driving Bangladesh to England; the toll fees alone would be astronomical.
Wink Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkTravel.net Forum Index -> Luxury Travel Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum